Wednesday, June 27, 2012


The Sweet Side of Athens, GA

Yesterday we headed the lady in red(my red Explorer) towards
Athens.  The sweet sight of my girl was so welcomed. Errands done, a healthly dinner and then an evening stroll.  There is this wonderful side to Athens that often gets overlooked because she is the home of the Bulldog nation. But that lady has a sweet side to tell about.  Our stroll took us to a time when front porches were a requirement.



A time when the breeze came all the way through the house. And you could even smell outside that momma was in the kichen just a cooking away.


But what a treat was in store for us! We had stopped to admire this beautiful southern belle. This darling of a gal came around the corner.  After asking her if it was ok to take pictures she then said ----why yes, but would you like to come inside for a tour. My girls and I were on the front porch saying yes before she knew it.  Oh my! Oh my! This southern belle was built in 1840. She moved around a bit but put roots down here in 1870.  The inside was filled to the brim with antiques and a world of history.


That evening stroll down the sweet side of Athens, Ga left us with a cup that overflowed.  Thank you Lord for that evening stroll. 

1 comment:

  1. What a nice surprise to be allowed inside a beautiful old home! That's one reason I love estate sales so much, so I can see the inside of these wonderful old places. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete